In 2021, the Chicago Salsa Congress is going virtual! We’re looking for some fun loving souls who want to join us and submit a performance. Is that you?
Join the amazing students of Mayambo in performing a fun and funky Pachanga piece!
If you want to be a participate in this unique performance class, check all of details below and reserve your spot now. Availability is limited, so ACT FAST!!!
Del Dominguez, director of Mayambo, will be hosting this special performance class
Del’s Pachanga classes are rooted in understanding the footwork concepts and body movement. By breaking down everything in detail, you’ll not only feel confident on stage (or on camera), you’ll also love being able to show off your newfound skills!
Here’s your chance to perform a new, original choreography from the director of the Mayambo Dance Company!
Check out the details for the Pachanga Performance Class!
- This is an 11-week long project, giving us plenty of time to refine movements and address all questions. The extended session will provide opportunity for plenty of repetition so that the students feel confident and ready to perform.
- Class will begin on December 5th from 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. For the time being, classes will be virtual (via ZOOM) until it is safe to have students in person per city ordinance. If/when in person practicing is deemed safe, we will practice all CDC guidelines including social distancing, temperature checks, hand sanitizing and MASK WEARING! Virtual attendance will still be offered throughout for those who feel more comfortable staying home.
Experience Level Needed
- Exposure to basic Pachanga steps as well as an Intermediate level of Salsa On2 shines is preferred.
- For in studio practices we hope to get everyone together for the last 2-3 weeks to run choreography as a group.
The in-person portion of the performance will be limited to 12 attendees. Student safety will be the top priority to ensure a safe dancing environment! Masks will be required for all in-person practices/filming!
Want to brush up on your Pachanga while you wait for class to begin? We got you!
Del has a special Pachanga Essentials Bootcamp on Salsa Dance Planet. You can take these classes at your convenience and speed while learning the essential steps that will make you feel more comfortable in the performance class!
- Yes! You’ll also have access to a private Facebook page where you can view video uploads of class material by Del.
- You’ll be able to collaborate with your fellow dancers to ask questions or even post videos to get feedback!
These are some of the experiences our students have had
Working with Del and Mayambo
If your goal is to improve your balance, leading/following skills, or your dancing in general, Del can be an amazing guide and companion on this journey, with an incredible eye and talent for identifying small or big things to improve…
Del’s focused attention to details, along with his creative solutions to fix old bad habits, while also introducing new effective ones, make him a great private instructor, one I highly recommend to anyone who is serious about improving their dancing.
For me, working with Del is a genuine exchange of the joy of dance. He focuses on getting you seriously prepared for your dance journey, always pushing you to reach for your full potential. He challenges his students to exercise fundamentals, ensuring their ongoing success in whatever physical medium they wish to pursue.
His teaching style reflects his character, caring about his students both as dancers and as people. He reminds you to never take yourself too seriously, and most importantly, he makes the whole learning process fun! It’s a pleasure to learn from Del ❤️
Del once told me that I would give up on me before he gave up on me, and he was right! Del is so patient. I’m not the quickest learner or the best dancer, but he’s very attuned to the strengths and weaknesses of his students…he doesn’t rush his students. Because of that, my skills have improved.
He’s a very observant instructor. He’s an awesome dancer. And he’s very passionate about Salsa/Mambo. If you’re intimidated by the thought of privates, as I was, don’t be. He puts his students at ease. Every class is energy-filled and fun!